DK-CAMP is a Danish association owned by a group of Danish campsites forming its membership. We care deeply about your security as a DK-CAMP customer, and as a customer of the Danish campsites. We are therefore committed to protect, process and store the personal information that you provide to us while using our website and booking portal, as well as when ordering gift cards and stays.
1. Data controller
DK-CAMP is the data controller for the processing of the personal data we have received about you on our website, dk-camp.dk. The contact details of DK-CAMP are:
- DK-CAMP, Ladegårdsvej 2, DK-7100 Vejle
- CVR-no.: 83572116
- Contact: Pia Erritsø Christiansen
- Tel.: +45 75712960
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
DK-CAMP processes all personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
Please refer to the section "Using the booking portal” for information on the processing of personal data that we may receive about you on our booking portal.
Gift cards and services
DK-CAMP enters into an agreement with customers/suppliers on the delivery – purchase or sale – of gift cards and services. When a customer/supplier orders and purchases one or more of DK-CAMP's gift cards and services and, as part of this, gives personal data to DK-CAMP, he/she also consents to his/her personal data being processed by DK-CAMP.
The same applies to any personal data provided by suppliers of DK-CAMP to DK-CAMP as part of the submission of tenders or the conclusion of agreements with DK-CAMP.
Using the booking portal
When you make use of our booking portal for bookings of accommodation and rental units, the booking will be made using the SecureHoliday system, from Ctoutvert, and you will be redirected to this system’s website. From there, your information will be transferred to the relevant campsite. Both the campsite and DK-CAMP can access the information from the booking portal. To know more about deleting your information in the DK-CAMP system, see section 7 ”Security and sharing of personal information”.
Ctoutvert acts as a data processor for DK-CAMP, and a data processing agreement has been concluded between DK-CAMP and Coutvert.
Ctoutvert's contact information is:
- Ctoutvert, 10 place Alfonso Jourdain, 31000 Toulouse (France)
- Contact: Manual Mirabel
- Tel.: +33 (0) 5 61 47 23 53
- E-mail: CONTACT@CTOUTVERT.COM
Ctoutvert processes all personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
2. Collection of personal data by DK-CAMP
DK-CAMP collects personal data in the following ways:
When a guest/customer or his or her representative chooses to buy one of DK-CAMP's gift cards, or when a supplier offers or sells products or services to DK-CAMP.
When a guest/customer or his or her representative books an overnight stay or a rental unit via DK-CAMP’s website and booking portal.
From B2B market.
Through browser cookies and web beacons.
As a result of the use of DK-CAMP’s digital services.
From the subscriptions to DK-CAMP’s newsletter.
From social media, advertising and analytics providers, as well as public registers.
When suppliers sign contracts with DK-CAMP or submit offers to DK-CAMP.
The collection and processing of personal data, as set out above, will always be subject to applicable data privacy laws.
3. Information collected by DK-CAMP
DK-CAMP collects the following personal data:
- Name, address, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth and other common, non-personal data.
- Payment card details – typically as a guarantee for a reservation and for payment of stays, rental units or gift cards.
- Demographic information.
- Purchase history including the use of DK-CAMP's website, booking portal and/or other digital services.
- Information from DK-CAMP customer surveys.
- Information from contests.
- Information from DK-CAMP's social media and other digital platforms belonging to DK-CAMP.
- Browser information.
- Information about the guest's/customer's company and relevant contacts.
- Information about the supplier's business, as well as information about relevant contact persons and key persons including key accounts.
A guest/customer/supplier may, voluntarily and willingly, provide DK-CAMP with additional personal data that he/she believes may have an impact on DK-CAMP's handling/servicing of the guest/customer/supplier or that he/she believes should be provided for safety reasons.
This may include, for example, information on:
- Other health or medical information
If a guest/customer/supplier voluntarily chooses to provide such information, DK-CAMP considers this as a consent to record and store such sensitive information about the person concerned.
In addition to the information received directly from guests/customers/suppliers, DK-CAMP may collect or process information received by third parties, such as travel agencies, other suppliers, or employees of the data subject’s company.
4. Payment by payment card
When purchasing gift cards
DK-CAMP uses Worldline www.bambora.com (Bambora) to redeem payments for gift cards with payment and credit cards. Bambora is PCI certified by Visa/Mastercard and all communication is encrypted.
When booking accommodations or rental units
On the booking portal, some of the campsites use NetManagement (Concardis) to redeem payments for overnight stays and rental units. The others receive payment via bank transfer or their own online payment system, which is not connected to either DK-CAMP or SecureHoliday.
For orders and bookings, the information provided by the guest/customer/supplier is stored temporarily
Apart from the order’s processing, the information provided will only be used if, for example, a guest/customer/supplier sends you questions or if there are errors in the order.
5. What is the purpose of the collection and processing?
DK-CAMP only collects the personal data necessary to fulfil the agreements concluded with guests/customers/suppliers for the provision of services, such as an overnight stay, or the purchase/sale of products or services.
It is the content/nature of the individual agreement/service that determines which personal data DK-CAMP collects and processes and which determines the purpose of the collection.
The main purpose of collecting and processing personal data will be:
- Processing of DK-CAMP gift cards purchases by guests/customers.
- Processing of guests/customers bookings of overnight stays and rental units at the individual campsites via DK-CAMP’s booking portal.
- Processing of products and services offers and sales from suppliers.
- Contacts with the guest/customer before, during or after their stay.
- Meeting the guest/customer's request for a quotation or purchase of services.
- Improvement and development of DK-CAMP's services.
- Targeting of DK-CAMP's marketing and other communications.
- Analysis of guest/customer/supplier user behaviour and marketing targeting them.
- Customizing DK-CAMP's collaborators' communication and marketing for the guests/customers/suppliers.
- Managing guests/customers/suppliers relationship with DK-CAMP, including participation in DK-CAMP's customer/loyalty program.
- Compliance with legal requirements, including special requirements to register overnight guests in accordance with the immigration law and the passport notice.
6. Legal basis for the processing
DK-CAMP will most often process personal data because it is necessary to fulfill an agreement with DK-CAMP and/or the individual campsites to which you are a guest/customer/supplier. This can be for example in connection with accommodation and/or managing and fulfillment of cooperation and supplier agreements.
In addition, DK-CAMP will process personal data as part of booking prior to an overnight stay, etc. and prior to entering into supplier agreements.
In some cases, DK-CAMP's processing of personal data will take place as part of DK-CAMP's pursuit of a legitimate interest that takes precedence over the interests of the guest/customer/supplier (data subject).
These legitimate interests may include, for example, the production of statistics, customer surveys, marketing and analysis of general guest/customer behaviour, which are intended to generally improve the experience at DK-CAMP and the quality of DK-CAMP’s services and products.
If, as part of their stay/visit at DK-CAMP or at one of the campsites, a guest/customer discloses special personal preferences or considerations, including for example health information, disability, religious beliefs, DK-CAMP and/or the campsite will only use this information to ensure that the guest/customer's personal preferences, health, etc. are taken into account.
The campsites are also required by law, see section 5 above, to register various information about overnight guests. This information shall be kept for a minimum of one year and a maximum of two years
7. Rights of the data subject
The data subjects (customers/guests/suppliers) have rights according to the General Data Protection Regulation.
- A data subject has the right to know what personal data DK-CAMP and the relevant campsite are processing about the data subject at any time.
- A data subject has the right to rectify and update the personal data that DK-CAMP and, if applicable, the campsite have about the data subject at any time.
- A data subject has the right to obtain from DK-CAMP and, if applicable, the campsite, the erasure of personal data concerning him or her at any time. If a data subject submits an erasure request, all the information which DK-CAMP and, if applicable, the campsite in question are not legally obliged to store will be deleted. By deleting the data subject’s data, DK-CAMP and, if applicable, the campsite concerned, may be unable to fulfil agreements concluded with the data subject, or to provide certain services to him or her.
If any of the information that DK-CAMP has about the data subject has been provided with the data subject's consent, the data subject has the right to withdraw his or her consent at any time, after which the information shall be deleted or no longer used by DK-CAMP. This does not apply to the aforementioned information which DK-CAMP and, if applicable, the campsite, is legally obliged to store.
However, the possibility of requesting erasure, etc. might be restricted for the purpose of protecting other persons’ privacy, business secrets and intellectual property rights, and enforcing potential legal claims.
The data subject may at any time ask DK-CAMP in writing to obtain an overview of and a copy of his or her personal data held by DK-CAMP and, if applicable, the relevant campsite.
To that effect, the written request shall be signed by the data subject and include his or her name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
The data subject may also contact DK-CAMP if the data subject believes that their personal data is being processed in violation of the law or in violation of other legal obligations, such as the agreement/contract that the data subject has with DK-CAMP and, if applicable, the relevant campsite.
Any written request shall be sent to DK-CAMP, see section 1 above for contact details.
DK-CAMP will, as far as possible, within 1 month of receipt of the data subject's written request, send a reply to the data subject's postal address.
If the data subject requests the rectification and/or erasure of his/her personal data, DK-CAMP will assess whether the conditions for the request are met, and in that case will implement changes or erasure as soon as possible.
DK-CAMP reserves the right to refuse requests which are of a harassing nature or require disproportionate technical measures (e.g. the development of a new IT system) or which affect the protection of other data subjects' personal data, or in other situations where it would be disproportionately resource-intensive or very complicated to meet the request.
8. Security and sharing of personal data
DK-CAMP protects the data subject's personal data and has established guidelines to protect the said personal data against unauthorized disclosure and against unauthorized access to or knowledge of these data.
The only persons who are granted access to the data subjects’ personal data are the persons/DK-CAMP employees who need them by virtue of their job function.
DK-CAMP ensures constant monitoring to prevent unauthorized access to the data subjects' personal data.
DK-CAMP ensures continuous backup for the data subject’s personal data.
In the event of a security breach where there is a high risk of misuse of data subjects' personal data, including identity theft, financial loss, loss of reputation or other abuse, DK-CAMP will inform the data subjects of the security breach as soon as possible
DK-CAMP's security procedures are continuously reviewed and updated in the light of the latest technological developments.
DK-CAMP uses a number of external suppliers for IT services, IT systems, payment solutions, etc.
DK-CAMP enters into ongoing data processing agreements with all of DK-CAMP's suppliers, which also ensures that they maintain a necessary and high level of protection of the data subjects' personal data in relation to external data processors.
In order to fulfill agreements with the data subjects and to meet the needs of guests and customers, DK-CAMP shares selected personal data – in the form of guest data - with the campsite where the stay or rental unit is booked, as part of the agreement.
DK-CAMP also shares and transfers the data subjects' personal data within the association, including to the campsites which are members of DK-CAMP. The purpose of this data sharing is to be able to provide the guest/customer with the best service, regardless of which DK-CAMP campsite the guest/customer actually uses.
In some cases, DK-CAMP is forced by law or by a decision from a public authority to disclose personal data.
DK-CAMP will delete your personal data when DK-CAMP's legal obligation ceases or when the purpose of collecting and processing the data no longer exists.
Complaints about DK-CAMP's processing of personal data can be made to the Danish Data Protection Agency, Borgergade 28, 5, 1300 Copenhagen K, telephone +45 3319 3200 - e-mail email@example.com
A complaint about a stay at a campsite must be made directly to the campsite, as the campsite is a contracting party. DK-CAMP acts solely as an intermediary of the agreement. If you have not reached a solution to the dispute, please fill out our online form. With your permission, DK-CAMP will forward your complaint to the campsite and ask it to make a statement on your complaint.
DK-CAMP's purpose with this possibility of appeal is merely to try to contribute, if possible, to a solution. Please note that DK-CAMP has no legal authority to impose any sanction on the campsite against which the complaint is made. Campsites marketed on dk-camp.dk are legally independent campsites and are responsible for the service they provide to their guests.